Reading for me is a chance to Escape, to Travel, and to Gain Knowledge.....Ever since I was little, I have always loved sitting outside on a summer day, my nose deep in the pages of a novel, letting my mind float off to new places and to fictional magical worlds where the impossible becomes a reality.
Reading for me has always been a way to gain knowledge about the world and about different customs and cultures. I love to learn about other countries and languages, and through books, especially multi-cultural, travel guides, and language books, I am able to transport myself to faraway places without even having to step onto an airplane.
Reading also allows me to travel through time. Books,especially historical fiction/fantasy novels, are a portal to the past, where through another character's eyes, I can see what the world was like many decades ago, and the struggles people my own age faced during different time periods in history.
Mystery novels are my absolute favorite genre of literature to read. When I was little I used to read the Boxcar Kids Mysteries, Nancy Drew Mysteries, The Bobbsey Twins Mysteries, The Dana Girls Mysteries, and The Hardy Boys Mystery Series. Even today, every once in a while when I have the time, I will re-read one of the Nancy Drew novels I have already read, just for fun. These novels were crafted in a way where the reader is able to experience what being a detective is really like. The readers are also able to see through Nancy's eyes and are able to solve the mystery alongside her. Each book in the series is a suspense filled adventure where Nancy is able to track down and outsmart the meanest and cruelest of criminals. She has a brilliant mind and her skills in discovering clues are outstanding. Other types of mysteries I like are historical fiction/fantasy mysteries as well. I also like adventure novels too.
Therefore, books are the key to knowledge, and reading for me is a hobby that allows me to see the world, to discover, and to use my imagination ...............

Ashley,
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting all this time and effort into a wonderful blog.